This evening a great honor was bestowed upon me by fellow blogger, Bridgett. Bridgett nominated me — or rather, my blog — for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award recognizes blogs with less than a 1000 followers and strives to increase collaboration and recognize newbie bloggers. Think of it as a game of blog tag. Person A nominates Person B. Person B must then answer a couple of questions on their blog and then dish out some nominations. It is a cycle of collaboration in which everyone benefits. Sounds like a winner to me.
So, without further ado, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gave you.
- Tag 11 bloggers with less than 1,000 readers.
- Think of 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Let them know you have nominated them through social media or their blog.
…. And here are the questions that Bridgett gave me:
- What music gets you in the mood for writing?
My favorite band is Relient K. I first started listening to them in 2008-2009 and never really stopped listening to them. I enjoy the melodic and tonal qualities of the music and I’ve always been a sucker for lyrics. Sometimes when I write, or blog, I have Pandora open in another tab and am listening to the Relient K radio.
2. In your opinion what is the best thing you’ve written so far?
In 2011 (which is the first year that I won Nanowrimo), I wrote a novel (albeit unfinished) about a mother who loved her child so much that she was willing to give up her heart for her daughter. I’ve always loved stories about mother-daughter relationships and investigating how deeply one person can love someone else. I wanted to put this relationship to the test by exploring what happens to a family when a mother makes the ultimate sacrifice: she willingly gives up her own life for her daughter’s. I’ve never finished that novel but one day I’d like to go back and revisit the plot. Perhaps that one day will be sometime next year in 2016….
3. Have you accomplished your goals for 2015?
My primary goal for 2015 was to graduate from college. I can happily say that I have completed this goal and I am beyond excited, ecstatic, and oh so happy. That moment when I walked across the stage at my graduation. Or that moment when I finally received my diploma in the mail. Nothing compares to it. I felt as if everything that has happened so far has led up to me receiving my Bachelor’s degree — and it will only go up from here.
4. What is one thing you want to see happen in 2016?
In 2016, I would like to start my career. I would like to jump headfirst into my industry (Communications/Marketing/PR/Social Media) and not stop, never stop, just keep on going, increasing momentum with every step.
I would also like to become a published writer. Currently, I am in the process of editing my Nanowrimo book from last month. I’ve been dreaming about becoming a published writer since I was a little kid and to see my name on a book would be the greatest dream of all. It would complete me.
5. What is your favorite book you read this year?
Perhaps my favorite book from 2015 is Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn. As a woman, I’ve always been drawn to books about female main characters and the female condition. I enjoyed the writing style. I remember reading the book and feeling intrigued about what happened, what could have happened, and why it would have happened. Books that spark thought inside me are, I believe, the best kind and the only ones worth reading.
6. Coffee or tea?
I’m not much of a tea drinker, though I wish I was. I very much enjoy my iced mochas with whipped cream too much.
7. Have you visited anywhere exciting in the past year? Where?
In May, my long-term boyfriend and I went to Boston, MA & Manchester, NH for my graduation. For the weekend. It was one of the best weekends ever and not just because it was my graduation.
8. What is your favorite thing about blogging/writing?
My favorite thing about writing, in general, is the ability to get my thoughts down on paper. I’ve always been drawn to the written word, perhaps even before I could talk. I love words. I love how they flow so seamlessly together. I love it when the words just pour out of me and I can’t stop it and I don’t want to stop it because it’s something that makes me happy… that makes me me.
Writing is definitely a private activity and blogging has made it a public activity. I don’t hate that. In fact, I love it. I love connecting with strangers on social media. I love reading other people’s blogs and escaping, for just a moment, to another world. Blogging allows me to not only write but connect with others. What could be better?
9. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
This is a question that I’ve considered many, many times during the aftermath of dreams of winning the lottery. First and foremost, I would pay off my student loans. And then, I would put the rest of the money into a savings account and start collecting interest off it. I’d also like to sponsor a kid in Africa or donate money to St. Jude’s. I would definitely like to give back to those who really need it, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because that is how I was raised.
10. What book would you like to see made into a movie?
Well, I’d love to see one of my books be made into a movie one day. 🙂
But, joking aside, I’d love to see another movie made from the Baby Sitters’ Club series. The BSC series was probably one of my favorite book series growing up (aside from Harry Potter of course) and I’d love to see a continuation of the series in film.
11. What is your current favorite tv show?
My current favorite show is probably Switched at Birth, though I also love The Fosters just as much. Of course I’m also looking forward to the release of Fuller House in February 2016 on Netflix to satisfy my nostalgic heart. 🙂
I must say, that was really fun!! Thanks so much for nominating me, which reminds me….
- Shasha at www.busybeingshasha.com
- Amelie at ameliejhyde.wordpress.com
- Danielle at queenofblank.wordpress.com
- You in the red shirt!
- You wearing those Converse sneakers!
- You eating a bag of chips while reading this!
- And you, you, and you!!! Yes, you!
… And my questions…
- What are you most looking forward to in 2016?
- Where would you like to be five years from now?
- What is your favorite food?
- What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
- How active are you on social media? What are your favorite social media platforms?
- What is your birth order and do you think that reflects your personality?
- What is the most influential book that you have ever read?
- What is your favorite childhood book?
- What was the last movie that you saw?
- Nutella or peanut butter?
- Lefty or righty?
Good luck and have fun!!